Ayia Napa, in the district of Famagusta, the famous summer resort at the far eastern end of the southern coast of Cyprus stands out for its treasure of majestic sandy beaches, renowned for their crystal-clear waters and excellent amenities near the seashore. In fact, 14 of them (almost all) are awarded the famous Blue-Flag, denoting clean waters, frequently checked for their quality, excellent beach facilities, safety and services and environmental management.
The Konnos Bay, Kermia beach, Ammos tou Kambouri, Glyki Nero, Pantachou, Loukkos tou Manti, Katsarka, Pernera, Vathia Gonia (or Sandy Bay), Lanta, Macronissos and Agia Thekla are all widely known and very popular among locals and tourists too. Still, Ayia Napa’s crowning jewel is yet to be mentioned.
Nissi Beach has garnered a reputation of a true paradise shore, with its fine white sand and turquoise blue, clear waters, nestled among wonderful gardens. Still, there are more that make this beach so famed and popular…
What makes Nissi Beach so Special
- Let us start with the basics: excellent, refreshing (not cold neither lukewarm) crystal clear waters of a rare blue-green shade, and gently shelving white sand, ideal for beach sports of all kinds and safe for small kids that wish to get wild on the beach. Many people would think these characteristics are all the reasons they need to visit the place. Still, Nissi has a lot more to offer.
- Nissi area engulfs two different, interconnected beaches, of diverse character and style, with slightly different orientation. One is small, serene and more secluded, while the other is several times longer and far more vibrant and lively.
- It is consistently awarded a “Blue Flag” status for the quality of its waters and sand and its constantly developing touristic infrastructure.
- Nissi Beach is widely known for the array of water sports available, including pedal boating, windsurfing, power boating, water-skiing, bungee jumping, banana-speeds, and diving.
- Nissi, due to its dual nature, caters for all: relaxation to seclusion seekers, fun for families and children, emerald waters to swim lovers and great music compilations from several famous DJs playing almost every single day.
- Such blend of colors and physical beauty is hard to find elsewhere. That is why Nissi is one of the most photographed sites in Ayia Napa, popular among professional photographers, passionate amateurs and selfies enthusiasts alike!
Check it Up-Close
Still, such descriptions are a poor substitute for the live thing and will be quickly erased from your memory as soon as you feast your eyes to its stunning sea views, mesmerizing sunsets, and unrivaled summer charms. Indeed, Nissi Beach is a piece of paradise clipped off and left to this world, reminding us how beautiful this planet can be.
Enough talking though – live the real thing along with your family and friends. Check out our luxury villas for rent in Ayia Napa region, some of which are just a few paces away from the Nissi beach bright green waters. Why not spend your next summer escape in one of them?
Subscribe to our Newsletter